Our Firm: News
Hot off the Presses.
Bridget Henk Named to 2016 40 Under 40 Class
Milwaukee's Business Journal honors local achievers.Milwaukee's locally focused business news publication recently released the names of this year's 40 Under 40 class. After sifting through hundreds of nominations, GRAEF's Bridget Henk was determined to be an individual under the age of 40 making a significant difference in the local business community! Highlights of why Bridget is such a perfect fit include:
- Bridget is a leader both in her industry and among peers throughout the greater Milwaukee community.
- Over the course of her time at GRAEF, Bridget has taken on complex roles on numerous high-profile projects.
- Bridget has never stopped learning. She has furthered her industry knowledge and expertise by becoming a professional engineer in Wisconsin and Illinois and a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Accredited Professional. She also recently achieved Envision Sustainability Professional (ENV SP) rating credentials for green infrastructure and is the only Envision Sustainability Rating System Certified Trainer in the State of Wisconsin.
- Bridget continues to spend time in the classroom as a guest instructor for UWM’s Senior Design class.
- In 2009, Bridget was nominated and elected to be the president of the ASCE Southeast Branch’s Younger Members Group. In 2013, she became president of the entire ASCE Southeast Branch organization.
- Bridget is a driving force behind the STEM Expo at MSOE's Kern Center, an event exposing younger studens to the world of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
- United Way...Salvation Army...Hunger Task Force...Habitat for Humanity. Bridget supports them all with time and talent.
- Bridget is passionate about youth. She coaches softball, works in Milwaukee schools leading engineering activities, and continues to be active in STEM activities for middle-school girls.
Bridget continues to look beyond herself and her work life to inspire and educate the next generation. She is a great mentor and role model to those around her.
At GRAEF, we are extremely proud of Bridget and all that she is accomplished. "[She] exemplifies what it means to be a young professional whose skills and expertise are highly valuable not only in her industry and within her firm, but in her community."