Our Firm: News
Hot off the Presses.
The Couture & Lakefront Gateway Plaza Presentation
Learn about "Milwaukee's new face" on Thursday, April 26When:
Thursday, April 26, 2018
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Good City Brewing
2018 North Farwell Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53202
The Couture converted the underused transit center with a true multimodal transit hub for our community. This 44-story skyscraper has been designed from the ground up to serve as a key thoroughfare connecting our lakefront and cultural amenities in downtown Milwaukee. The project includes public plazas and parks, pedestrian bridges and a new lakefront stop for the proposed streetcar.
The Lakefront Gateway Plaza will be active, urban, fun, and compelling. The design intent is to achieve a year-round experience for users of all ages and develop a framework for well programmed, memorable and highly enjoyable experiences, as well as the incorporation of social and cultural aspects of Milwaukee.
• Explore how a public private partnership converts the County Transit Center land to a private tower.
• Distinguish structural systems in slender tower design.
• Identify safety concerns planning a public street car stop and concourse through a building.
• Recognize challenges associated with connecting two public amenities: Lakefront Gateway and O'Donnell Park.
• Analyze the development of improved pedestrian access from downtown to lakefront attractions and enhancing a better sense of place and identity.
• Examine the expanding “world-class” character of Milwaukee’s Lakefront through the development of a public plaza.
Presented by Chad Griswold, AIA, Rinka Chung Architecture | Pat Kressin, PLA, Landscape Architect, Graef | John Peronto and Jordan Komp, Structural Engineers, Thornton Tomasetti
Food and drinks available for purchase.
To register, click here